Allergy in babies - symptoms and signs (photo), treatment
The root cause of allergic reaction in the infant is the use of infant formula. Despite the efforts of manufacturers to produce the mixture in accordance with the age of the kids, the products still cannot fully meet all the requirements of adaptation for this category of children, the signs and symptoms of Allergy are common on the face and body.
If the relatives or parents of the child suffer from asthma, allergies, urticaria, allergic rhinitis or dermatitis, in this case, such diseases can be inherited through the genes. Define what it looks like allergies in infants and what causes it.
The risk that allergies and rashes in infants will be formula milk, and will have to treat it characterizes the level of inclination of the baby, the more loved ones suffer from allergies, the higher you can determine whether an allergic reaction:
- From 10% to 20%, if the family has no allergies;
- From 20% to 40% when one parent is allergic;
- From 50% to 80% if both parents are allergic.
The child is prone to allergies, can't drink cow's milk. In its high content of casein (in its mother's milk availability is minimized). You should consider kids with a predisposition to allergic manifestations to Supplement a simple formula in the maternity ward it is impossible that it did not provoke the Allergy infants from the first minutes of his life. In this case, there will be a violation of habituation of the baby, and then, as a rule, can and will develop an Allergy on the face and rash.
Allergy in infant on formula
Symptoms of allergies to milk protein are manifested in an immediate way (IgE-dependent), that is, immediately from an hour to 2 hours when baby is given formula milk, and slow way (IgG4-dependent) – after 1-2 days. Process photos show it clearly.
An allergic reaction in an infant appears:
- As a rash on the skin. It urticaria, dermatitis, rash around mouth, rash on the face is eloquent.
- As redness, papules, and rash that get itchy in the buttocks, back, legs, cheeks, face, genitals.
- In disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Occurs an emetic reflex, the baby spits up, there is a hiccup, maybe diarrhea or constipation, intestinal swelling, there are cramping up and rash
What are the components of the formula can be triggered by allergies in infants?
20% of compounds made from the milk of goats or soy. 80% of such products are made of cow's milk, as it is the content of the constituent components are identical to mother's milk, includes micronutrients and proteins that promote growth and development of children who needto treat.
An allergic reaction to milk
Cow's milk has proteins, lactalbumin, casein and lactoglobulin. These proteins can provoke an allergic reaction in infants, both individually and in combination with each other.
Thermolabile – lactoglobulin and lactalbumin. This means that the proteins disappear during boiling and can cause allergies and rashes as a reaction to the milk as it would not drink.
Thermostable – casein. This protein can withstand boiling and provokes allergic reactions on the face. More likely in babies is an Allergy to the milk directly to the presence of casein, as it would not eat.
Detection of allergic predisposition in infants
There is testing, which identifies not only the symptoms, but also antibodies (immunoglobulins) proteins. So check the allergic predisposition of the child to these protein components of the milk product.
This analysis is carried out of molecular diagnosis of Allergy, it can reveal an allergic reaction and rash not all of the components of the mixture, but only some of its elements.
Allergic reactions on the cereal components
Often in milk mixtures have a content of various grains – oats, rice, buckwheat, which can cause Allergy in infants and rash. Such mixes is recommended to use older children – from 6 months. Performed diagnosis on the impact of these cereals on the child's body and revealed the need to treat them.
Do the analysis on IgE, for example, rye or wheat. However, more effective to carry out the diagnosis at the molecular component level on the main (major) availability of cereal proteins (rPhl p1, rPhl p5b) that exist in wheat, buckwheat, oatmeal, and others, as well as secondary (minor) protein content in grains (rPhl p7, rPhl p12) that cause crossed interactions with other plants and products.
What are anti-Allergy compound, and if they can be given to infants?
If the kid's parents and close relatives, the symptoms show that there are no allergies, then the baby can be given a simple formula, and not worry about the need to treat. Otherwise, when the risk of allergies is quite high, suggest from the outset to use anti-Allergy (hypoallergenic) mix in advance to prevent allergic reactions in infants.
Allergy mix represents the presence of hydrolyzates of proteins cow's milk, in other words, the protein is divided into amino acids. Basically, similar compounds of Allergy does not occur that podtverjdayut photo clean skin.
However, the hydrolysates become bitter tasteas a result of the protein separation. For this reason, at first the boy does not want to eat, as the mixture is bitter in comparison with sweet mother's milk. Recommended to gradually give the child the mixture with the hydrolysate. In the first week the kid will resist, and then comes the addiction. What matters is that at the first stage, the parents do not hurry to refuse the mixtures with this component.
Varieties of hypoallergenic mixtures
There are high and moderate hydrolysates. It depends on the level of content of milk protein. When infant allergic reaction is not too serious, suggest to use a moderate hydrolyzate with a small presence of allergens to accustom and train the immune system of infants, this kind of treatment. In addition, it can understand what it looks like allergies in newborns.
If the baby happens a gastrointestinal disorder, or have a rash on the skin, it is necessary to diagnose and then treat whatever it took, still, skin rash, this is serious!
Finding the assumptions regarding the development of allergic manifestations on the face.
The sequence of diagnostics:
- Carry out analysis on the coprogram chair. Thus, reveal the level of assimilation products, symptoms of inflammatory processes of the intestine, the presence of iodophilic (pathogenic) flora.
- Need to do ultrasound of the abdominal cavity. This method reveals various abnormal status (not developed until the end of the bile ducts, atresia, deformation of the gallbladder).
- Take blood for analysis to determine the degree of immunoglobulin E or Phadiatop infant (Phadiatop Infant). The second is a screening test for milk, eggs, wheat, and allergens inhaled. If this test is positive, then you need to carry out component diagnosis and laceyellen. Negative results take the following measures.
- It is necessary to do component diagnosis allergic reactions to the presence of proteins (lactoglobulin, casein and lactalbumin), provided the use of baby's only formula. If the baby is over six months old and accepts mix with cereal, then cereal component carry out diagnostics.
- If the results of testing for allergies is negative, it is necessary to do a test for celiac disease and lactazna deficiency, and find out what to treat.
Symptoms symptoms of food allergies in infants
In this section teach you how to identify an allergic reaction in toddler, and how she is, how is and what treatment can be assumed if there is a rash on the body.
Food Allergy to milk manifests itself as hypersensitivity of the child to products. Itcan be expressed as:
- allergies of the skin, treatment more symptomatic;
- failure of the gastrointestinal system;
- respiratory diseases.
Allergic skin to milk in the form of:
- rash on face does not go a long time;
- of angioedema, when it swells the skin, mucous membranes, subcutaneous tissue on any area of the body, immediate treatment;
- peeling, flakes (gneiss) on the eyebrows or the head;
- the sweat is strong with a weak overheating;
- manifested in the form of peeling of the cheeks and itching (diathesis);
- diaper rash (even with appropriate hygiene) fails
- Failures of the gastrointestinal system in the form:
- liquid stool the greenish tint or foam;
- regurgitation or vomiting;
- respiratory diseases in the form:
- allergic rhinitis;
- spasm of the bronchial tubes.
Often combined disorders of the bronchi and skin, and intestine and skin. In the future food Allergy to milk can cause serious disease atopic dermatitis, bronchial asthma.
Therapy allergies to food in infants
Let's look at what the therapy of Allergy in infants, and what drugs it is necessary to use.
Treatment of Allergy to milk products in infants begin with the appointment of diet. It is important to remove from the diet food irritant is the allergen that is the root cause that led to the fact that there is a manifestation of Allergy in children.
You should seek help to the doctor, who will pick up effective methods of treatment of the disease. Treatment involves a strict use of food in the right quantity at regular intervals. You want to exclude from the diet of the mother and child allergens.
Food allergies and milk the baby can be caused by unbalanced and monotonous meal. The diet should be followed in three sequences.
For 14 days the recommended hypoallergenic diet, it will be treated. I do not eat industrial manufacturing, which has sugar, antioxidants, artificial colors, emulsifiers and preservatives. You need to completely eliminate from the diet salt and sugar, avoid milk and don't eat food with a clear taste attributes.
The second sequence identifies the allergen-the cause. Diet and treatment of the first period needs to be complemented by well-digested food, it must comply with from 1 to 2 months.
The third sequence should be with the presence of an extended diet when allergies have diminished or even disappeared, but the obvious allergens from the diet must be excluded.