Cyst on the kidney: what to do and how to treat?
A renal cyst is a benign neoplasm, which appears saccular capsule filled with liquid. Among all the renal cyst formations it ranks first in number. The most common single tumor, which may be formed on the upper or lower pole of the organ, the size of the cyst can reach 10 and more, see
In some cases, especially when encountering a simple solitary cyst, the causes remain unknown. However, many physicians tend to believe that the nature of the occurrence of cysts talks about his acquired nature. Thus, it is possible to derive a certain regularity between the occurrence of cysts and trauma to kidney or infectious kidney disease. In addition, there is a connection between the occurrence of cysts, and genetic predisposition. In medicine, there is a certain classification of all types of cyst of the kidney:
- A solitary cyst. It is always a benign tumor, oval in shape, which is filled with liquid. In overwhelming majority of cases, affects only one kidney. Sometimes the contents of a cyst may contain blood or pus. If education is inherent in man, as a rule, it is located on the left kidney;
- Multicasts. This disease affects one kidney. This is a very rare type of lesion among all cases, it is only 1%. In severe disease, the kidney begins to look like one huge cystic formation. The kidney completely fails;
- Polycystic. In this disease, the defeat exposed the two kidneys. As a rule, the disease is typical for patients with a hereditary problem;
- Sponge kidney — a congenital defect of the kidneys;
- The dermoid. This congenital abnormality in which education collects inside of tissue, hair, and nerve endings.
Benign tumor on the body of the kidney can be caused by renal diseases and is characterized by quantity, from a single cyst to multiple, and location, either unilateral or bilateral.
The symptomatology of tumors depends on the location of the cyst and its real size. However, the main symptom can be considered as a dull pain in the lumbar region, which may increase during exercise. Can be seen hypertension, in rare cases, it develops total hematuria.
If there is a rupture or suppuration of the cyst, the pain getsstrong character, in addition, observed increase in body temperature and the beginning of inflammation.
It is worth noting that the cyst is formed during a long period of time, and in extremely rare cases showing signs of its existence at the initial stage of development. A cyst may be present in the tissues of the kidneys for many years and does not show itself. Naturally, the question arises about the dangers of this neighborhood. It all depends on the size of the education and location. In addition to the occurrence of back pain, education can provoke the development of pyelonephritis. But the most dangerous manifestation is renal insufficiency that may develop as a result of the cysts.
What should I do if was diagnosed with a cyst in the kidneys? In the majority of cases, the formation on the kidney requires no intervention and only observation. In the case of complications of the work of the kidneys caused by the appearance of cysts can develop urolithiasis or pyelonephritis. In this case, treatment of symptoms.
Treatment directly cysts can be distinguished:
- Percutaneous puncture, in which there is drainage of the contents of education. However, the method is fraught with consequences, the wall of the cyst and collapse scar, and the kidney may become infected;
- Laparoscopic excision. This is another method of intervention. Today it is the most common and popular method of treatment of cysts of the kidney, in addition, every year the method is becoming more perfect. After we developed new types of equipment, completely changed the basic principles of treatment of renal cyst. Even with radical surgery, the operation is completely minimally invasive because of the small incision.
Of course, there are situations when it is necessary to conduct an open surgery and remove the cyst. This is necessary if a ruptured cyst body cyst of kidney starts the process of degeneration into a malignant tumor, or if a renal cyst has an impact on the formation of renal hypertension.
Some forms of kidney stone disease may require open surgery on the kidney. It is possible to talk not only about husking cysts, but the complete removal of the kidney.