Cyst of the mandible
Jaw cyst is a pathology in which the jaw bone is formed in the region of the void. The void in the bone tissue of the mandible is filled with liquid.
The main problem of the disease that at the initial stage, when there was a hole in the bone tissue began to fill with fluid, the patient does not have any subjective sensations.
While cystic formation continues to grow, and to detect it often fails randomly with the passage of the patient x-ray for other reasons.
Cyst symptoms lower jaw
Until the first inflammation at the initial stage of development of cyst symptoms simply do not exist.
After the cyst is almost completely formed, there is a small and barely noticeable roundness, which also still hurts and does not cause suspicion in the patient.
But as soon as there is inflammation of the cystic masses, once diagnosed by redness, swelling and swelling of the gums. To understand how dangerous a cyst of the lower jaw, just list those diseases which it is able to trigger:
- Often a cyst goes into the sinus or fistula.
- Fracture of the jaw.
Important! The pathology may be localized not only on the mandible but on the upper, and completely get rid of it is possible only through surgical intervention.
Often the cyst of the mandible observed suppurative complication, this is another symptom that is virtually indistinguishable from osteomyelitis.
The x-rays well enough, you can see how the cyst cavity and the root of the tooth, which has undergone the defeat of peridontal.
Classification of cysts
As for the lower jaw, there may be formed several city:
- Retromolar cyst. Occurs as a result of the constant inflammation in the periodontal tissues, which in turn is the result of cut of the tooth.
- Cholesteatoma. It's growths in the type of tumor, which is filled with a liquid slurry composed of crystals of cholesterol and parts of the stratum corneum. The cholesteatoma symptoms are virtually indistinguishable from other cystic formations.
- Aneurysmal bone cyst. This formation is extremely rare and medicine still can not give what exactly is the reason for their appearance. Usually such a cyst is formed in the region of the healthy tooth of the lower jaw. The cysts are filled with hemorrhagic fluid and blood. At an early stage of development, there are no symptoms, but along with the development of the cysts begin to manifest and the symptoms. For example, a deformed jaw.
- Traumatic cysts. This education canto meet and in the upper jaw, but very rarely. Symptomatically they long time did not occur.
Treatment of cysts
The main basis of the treatment of cyst lies in prompt surgical intervention. Note that the cyst can be treated without surgical intervention.
However, if there is a complication of the cyst, suppuration, it is necessary to drain education, and for this you need to open it surgically.
The main objective of the surgery is that the surgeon tries to save all teeth that are in the area of cystic masses.
Cystectomy – the complete removal of the cyst. The procedure is indicated to the application if the root of the tooth are loaded in more than a third in education. If this time has already been lost, and the tooth is sinking deeper into a cystic formation, it leads to his loss.
Cystotomy is another method of cyst treatment, which removes only one, the front wall of the cystic masses. This tactic is used in the treatment rarely
Two-stage operation – another way to remove cystic masses. The operation is carried out in two stages and is designed to be not traumatic and saving. This operation is performed on an outpatient basis, and allows you to preserve the contours and dimensions of the mandible, regardless of the extent of destruction the cystic formation in bone tissue. In addition, a two-stage operation fully guarantee the recovery of the patient and the complete removal of the cyst.