Ovarian cyst: symptoms, main causes, treatment and pictures
Ovarian cyst, is a benign tumor that looks like a cavity with a diameter of 20 centimeters, and occurs in women of all ages.
If the name is translated from the Greek, cyst means bladder, and the term is very precisely fits the description of the disease.
The types of ovarian cysts
Functional cyst is the most common form.
A follicular cyst. Occurs at the beginning of the month, then disappears. Can reach a diameter of 5 cm, when the gap is characterized by severe pain in the lumbar region and lower abdomen.
Luteum cyst starts to develop after ovulation. When the follicle at the time of ovulation is broken, it acquires a yellow color. No symptoms of the cyst does not cause and only appears on one of my ovaries, never both at once.
Hemorrhagic cyst formed by bleeding into the already existing follicular cyst. The main symptom – pain from on which to place the ovarian cyst.
Dermoid cyst can form in young girls. The cyst may reach 15 cm in diameter, and is a benign tumor. Cyst quite easily detected with a simple examination with the ultrasound.
Endometrioma of the cyst, which can grow up to 20 cm in diameter. The characters are strong pain in the lower abdomen and lower back.
Policiesmonetary the ovary. The first symptom of this type is greatly increased size of the ovary. This may be caused by a problem with the endocrine system.
Cystic adenoma is formed from tissues of the ovary is a benign tumor, and it can reach a huge size, up to 30 cm in diameter.
The causes of ovarian cysts
You can make a list of factors that increase the risk of formation of ovarian cysts in women at any age:
- Irregular monthly cycle;
- Early onset of menstruation;
- Hormonal disorders;
- A consequence of cancer treatment;
Symptoms and signs of ovarian cysts
Usually, an ovarian cyst is detected not by the symptoms, and on examination, on ultrasound, that is, her education is asymptomatic. In some cases, however, it is still possible to identify a number of manifestations:
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen. Characterized by short bouts;
- Irregular periods;
- A feeling of heaviness in the pelvis;
- Prolonged pain during menstruation;
- Sexthe act causes pain in the lower abdomen;
- Pain in the vagina, which is accompanied by bleeding.
How to treat ovarian cyst?
Treatment of cysts depends on several essential points:
- The symptoms, their frequency and severity;
- The risk of degeneration of the cyst to a malignant tumor;
- The age of the patient;
- Plans to have children.
Conservative treatment is possible to appoint and hold, if the cyst shows no signs of suppuration. The role of the drugs are oral drugs, vitamins a, E, B1, B6, K, ascorbic acid. Obesity can begin a diet and exercise under the supervision of a coach.
Surgical intervention remains the primary method to completely get rid of ovarian cysts. Surgical method is not just complete removal of the tumor, but the possibility of its accurate examination to determine the likelihood of developing cancer. In the case of 100% elimination of cancer is laparoscopy.
Choosing a method of treatment of ovarian cysts, it is possible to determine some kinds of operations:
- Cystectomy. During the operation the cyst is removed and healthy tissue remains untouched. This operation allows the ovary after a while to continue their normal functioning. However, the larger was the remote cyst, the less likely full recovery of all functions in the damaged ovary.
- Wedge resection of the ovary. This is the complete excision of the cyst region, and as a result, together with the cyst is destroyed and part of healthy tissue.
- Oophorectomy, or complete removal of damaged ovarian cyst
- Adnexectomy — salpingo-oophorectomy
- A biopsy of the ovary. Necessary in case of suspicions of a malignant tumor.
In the case of complications, tear, sharp and severe pain, surgery needs to happen immediately. All of these symptoms should serve as a reason for instant call an ambulance and hospitalization.
It is important to know that the treatment of female patients of childbearing age were always conducted in a manner that would preserve ovarian tissue as possible in larger quantities. In the period before menopause, the uterus together with appendages completely removed, or completely removed ovaries.
After surgery, the patient will need a recovery period in which will have to adhere to strict rules and diets. It is important that this period took place under the supervision of a physician.