Trichomoniasis in women: the first signs and symptoms, photo
Trichomoniasis or trichomoniasis is one of the most common diseases that is transmitted through sexual contact. The causative agent acts
This parasite is a frequent cause of inflammatory processes in the genital organs of the female. What you need to know – Trichomonas may be present in the tests for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, that is almost everywhere where there is a sexual disease that is attached is trichomoniasis, in addition to those cases where the disease is essential.
Mainly Trichomonas is having damaging effects on the mucous membrane of the vagina.
Important! The human body is not able to develop immunity to Trichomonas, so there is a high risk of re-infection.
If you pay attention to the process of infection, we note that in addition to standard infection through sexual contact between a man and a woman, there is a small possibility of infection through household way. In this case, the conversation that Trichomonas may live in a humid environment linen or towels.
In addition, able to finish and vertical transmission of disease from an infected mother trichomoniasis receives and the baby passing through her birth canal.
The incubation period of trichomoniasis lasting on average two weeks, after which begin to appear all the symptoms and signs of infection.
The main symptoms
First and foremost, pay attention to vaginal discharge. As the main symptom of trichomoniasis, they are liquid, foam may be yellow.
However, there is a strong itching in the penis, the woman complains of a burning sensation of the labia.
It is noted the General decline in immunity during the development of the disease can begin to show hormonal disturbances because of the imbalance of the endocrine system. Furthermore, there is a disturbance of vaginal flora.
If not promptly begin to take steps, the woman is faced with strong growth of the pathogen during menstruation. The vagina actually creates the perfect environment for the growth of Trichomonas in the menstrual period.
Note that it is possible to divide the symptoms of trichomoniasis into three levels, considering the duration of the disease:
- The acute disease.
- The chronic form of trichomoniasis. Can go to the "timeline" if the disease is present in more than two months.
- Trihomonadonositelstvo – the extent of the disease in which there are no specific symptoms
Do note that lately is becoming more common, asymptomatic form of the disease. In this form, the specific symptoms are not always there, and hence vaginal discharge does notpresent.
Accordingly, without specific tests, independently distinguish the allocation is impossible. In a latent form of development, the woman is not experiencing any lower abdominal pains or menstrual irregularities.
That is why so gynecologists recommend every woman to have a pelvic exam at least every six months. Such procedures help to identify the latent form of the disease at its initial stage.
As there is a risk of the disease in a latent form, it is necessary to determine which diagnostic methods exist to detect the disease.
- Going history. It includes symptoms and signs of chronic inflammation of genital organs, infertility, pathological pregnancy, miscarriage. Here you can write and the emergence of the inflammatory process in the urogenital system have a sexual partner.
- Around the vulva on the subject of occurrence of external signs of inflammation or occurrence of abnormal discharge.
- The inspection in the mirror, which allows you to see whether there is inflammation in the region of the mucous membrane of the vagina or in the cervix.
- Bimanual gynecological examination. When trichomoniasis this method also helps to identify signs of inflammation of the uterus and appendages.
Indications for testing for trichomoniasis
Note the main indications in which it can be assumed trichomoniasis, even in the absence of specific symptoms:
- Any symptoms and signs of inflammation or chronic course of urogenital infectious diseases.
- Spontaneous miscarriages and abortions.
- Signs of urogenital inflammatory infectious process in the sexual partner.
And finally we will specify what tests must pass if there is a suspicion of trichomoniasis:
- General analysis of blood.
- The analysis of urine.
- The smear test.
- Seeding to determine the sensitivity of bacteria to antibiotics.
In principle, the basis of correct diagnosis for trichomoniasis is to ginekologicheskie that sees a doctor during the inspection and the results of the analysis of the swabs obtained from the vagina.
Always recommended to conduct a study on HIV, Mycoplasma and chlamydia. All these infections are transmitted sexually.
But most informative is the method for the analysis of the secretions from the vagina.