Treatment of urticaria
Urticaria (another disease called nettle fever, nettle rash, urticaria) is a disease of allergic nature, which is always characterized by a rash on the skin and severe itching.
The hallmark of urticaria is that the disease can in a short period of time to spread almost all over the body. And the name of his illness was due to the similarity of the external manifestations of a burn, which remains on the skin after touching a nettle.
Important! Hives, in the majority of cases, is the result of an allergic reaction, but the most dangerous is urticaria in which case that acts not as an independent reaction, and as a manifestation of certain pathology.
Statistics say that in the course of life a third of the population of the Earth could be seen at least one manifestation of this allergic disease. In addition, we can say that the risk are most often women from age 20 to 60 years
Types of urticaria
Hives in medicine is divided into two main types:
- The acute form affects the skin almost instantly after contact with an irritant. All clinical manifestations are pronounced, but transient. Once the Allergy is, and this is from several hours to several days, more hives may never occur.
- The chronic form can occur without pronounced clinical manifestations, but the Allergy will bother the person for months.
The chronic form may in turn be classified into:
- Recurrent. Allergy continually manifests itself, despite all efforts for its relief. And in this case it is not possible to identify the allergen.
- Papular. If the hives rash persists for a long time on the skin, but is not strongly expressed.
- Physical. This classification is caused by the influence of the environment, as a rule, the rash is a consequence of the low air temperature.
- Sun. The allergen in this case is ultraviolet light in the sunlight.
Important! Not to be missed and pathology Angioneurotic edema (angioedema) in which the swelling can cause a lethal outcome!
What could cause hives
The factors that cause urticaria are sufficiently numerous, and below are the main provoking disease highlights:
- In the first place hereditary predisposition of the body, which are genetically susceptible to allergens, and they return to the hives.
- Allergens in food, water, air.
- Infection focal type. When there are outbreaks of microbes, which did not manifest itself,however, their waste products, and are a precipitating factor of allergies.
- Often, an allergen can be a medication. And the Allergy can manifest as instantly and over time.
- Helminthiasis – worms. In this case, as with microbes, allergen is the waste product of the parasites that they release into the lumen of the human intestine.
The main symptoms
Regardless of the type of hives, the main clinical manifestations are the same and presented in the form of blisters.
This expression stems from the fact that due to the onset of allergic reaction is increased and the overall permeability of blood vessels, which directs the fluid.
Externally, the blisters coincide with cutaneous manifestations that occur when you burn the hair.
Important! In the acute form of the disease skin rashes can affect large areas of the body to cause edema of the respiratory tract, and are a threat to patient's life.
Treatments of urticaria
The easiest way to get rid of rashes on the skin – a diet that excludes the allergen.
If you talk about urticaria, which is provoked by focal microbes or parasites, it is necessary to remove predisposing factors.
Treatment participated and antihistamines, substances that block the action of urticaria.
Vitamins are also necessary for the patient, they have a supporting and stimulating effect on the immune system that helps the immune system to resist disease.
In particularly severe cases, may apply preparations on the basis of glucocorticoids. They are perfectly cropped all manifestations of urticaria, picking them off, but they have a number of side effects.
When the complex treatment of urticaria the patient should be under medical supervision, and there can be used such drugs as:
- The solution of epinephrine.
- Prednisone to 60 mg per day.
- An antihistamine along with 10 ml of a solution of calcium chloride (10%)