Proper nutrition of children with atopic dermatitis – recovery
In chronic allergic inflammation of the skin of the child
Advice on nutrition during pregnancy and lactation
If the next of kin of the child has an Allergy in some form, the expectant mother need to take care of the health of the unborn baby, namely, to start a special diet. This will reduce the risk of having a child who will be diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. Woman follow a hypoallergenic diet and needs after childbirth.
The diet of pregnant and lactating women should have in its composition:
- Dairy products that help maintain intestinal flora, strengthen the immune system, normalization of digestive processes.
- Lean meat. Preferred Turkey, rabbit, veal, beef.
- Olive or canola oil.
- Porridge, cooked in vegetable broth or low-fat milk.
- Vegetables, fruits and berries, green and white varieties. If in infants there is a disorder of the chair, berries and fruits must be heat processed.
From the diet during pregnancy and breastfeeding need to exclude the following items:
- Raw plant foods are the red and orange colouring (beet, carrot, pumpkin). The amount of allergens in cooked form of these vegetables is significantly reduced.
- All kinds of citrus.
- Fried and spicy food.
- Coffee, strong tea.
Diet for children up to 1 year
Diet for children older than one year
Sample sample menu for a child with atopic dermatitis:
Breakfast. Two hundred grams of porridge, cooked on the third water neophrene buckwheat groats, soaked with the addition of half a teaspoon of vegetable (olive or rapeseed) oil.
Lunch. Vegetable soup of pureed vegetables: soaked potatoes, cabbage, onions, vegetable oil. To this mixture, add a little pureed cooked beef. It is recommended that half an hour after the start of cooking this soup is drain the broth and continue to cook until tender.
Dinner. The millet cereal welded on water third.
In between feedings, you can offer the kid the fruit grown in the climate zone of residence and is not treated with chemicals for better safety. The child does not need to overfeed. He eats small portions, slowly, and chew well.
Diet in atopic dermatitis is undoubtedly one of the most important stages of successful treatment of the disease. However, its effectiveness will depend on the exclusion around the child other factors affecting the health of the baby and reducesremissionis period of atopic dermatitis:
- synthetic clothes, clothing made from rough fabrics;
- washing clothes and bed linen of the child conventional washing powders;
- household items that may accumulate dust (carpets, books, etc.);
- feather bedding (pillows, mattresses);
- rare wet cleaning of the premises;
Atopic dermatitis in a child it is important to comply with hypoallergenic diet, not only the child, but nursing mothers. Allowed lean meats, cheese, yogurt, cereals, vegetables and fruits of green varieties. Under the ban are products allergens: cow milk, eggs, citrus fruits, meats, sweets.