Chronic trichomoniasis: treatment of men and women
Chronic trichomoniasis is one of the most common diseases of the reproductive system not only men but also women. Spreading the disease sexually. Moreover, the statistics says that this disease at this point of time suffers from a huge number of people — 170 million across the globe.
The reasons for such a wide spread of trichomoniasis are:
- the wide migration processes;
- promiscuous and social conditions conducive to it;
- the distribution of mechanical contraceptive – usually women using the intrauterine device, suffer from this disease more often;
- the difficulty of diagnosis and the wrong treatment;
- a weakened immune system because of illness.
Trichomoniasis causes simplest microorganism Trichomonas vaginalis (Trichomonas vaginalis) that infects the urogenital system of a person. In the male body Trichomonas, as a rule, live in the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland. The habitat of this parasite in the female body — the vagina.
It should be noted that the first pathogen contributes to the appearance of inflammation of the urethra — urethritis. As already mentioned, infection with Trichomonas occurs during sexual contact, occurring with a carrier of the infection.
The first signs of the disease
The incubation period of infectious disease can be from 10 days to two months.
In men, primary symptoms are caused by the appearance of burning and itching in the head of the penis and unpleasant and sometimes painful sensations when urinating. Subsequently, the burning and itching spread to the whole of the urethra.
Further from urethra appear discharge with a white or grayish-yellow color, and by their nature they are frothy. Trichomoniasis in the semen after ejaculation, the patient may experience blood impurities, which are visible to the naked eye.
Female trichomoniasis has the following symptoms:
- Visually there is swelling and redness of the external genitalia;
- Allocation, emerging from the vagina, become yellowish, have an unpleasant odor as well as men, the nature of foam;
- With urination felt cramps and burning and during intercourse there is a feeling of discomfort and sometimes severe pain, which can remove the urogenital system, in this respect, a very useful article — a number of side effects. Learn more about how to treat trichomoniasis in women, you can read on our portal.
Preparations of this group can not in any case to combine with alcohol, as this may cause unwanted deviations and bring to naught all treatment.
In order toto be sure the infection has been cured, the patient and his sexual partner should within one to two months after treatment undergo a series of laboratory tests. Only upon receipt of a negative test for Trichomonas and in the absence of signs of disease, we can assume that people have recovered from trich.